Medal Play Tournament
July 15 @ 10:00 am – July 16 @ 3:00 pm
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEES
- Open to KWGA members and amateur female golfers from the Greater Kalamazoo Area of any established USGA handicap.
- The Executive Committee will determine the entry fees to be collected by the Treasurer and no refunds will be issued.
- No discounts will be granted to players belonging to the host club.
- Play is governed by USGA rules.
- Tee locations will be determined by the Tournament Director in consultation with the club pro.
- Flights of no more than 8 players will be determined by handicap ranking at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Thirty-six holes of gross score stroke play played over two consecutive days.
- First Day
- Pairings will be by handicap ranking and the order of play will begin with the lowest handicap groups unless directed otherwise by the Tournament Director.
- The Tournament Director may offer special events at her discretion (e.g. longest drive).
- Second Day
- Pairings will be by first-day scores with ties going to the first player to complete her round. The order of play will begin with the highest scoring group unless directed otherwise by the Tournament Director.
- The player with the lowest two-day gross score shall be the tournament champion regardless of her flight. She will also be her flight winner.
- Ties for the championship and all flight winners shall be broken by sudden death playoff.
- Ties for remaining places will be broken by a scorecard playoff using the total score for the last 9 holes (holes 10-18). If players remain tied, the last 6 holes (13-18), the last 3 holes (16-18) and the 18th hole will be used in succession as recommended by the USGA.
- First Day
- Entry fees will determine the total purse.
- The number of prizes to be awarded will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- The champion shall receive a permanent trophy, not to exceed 10% of the total purse in value, and the traveling trophy in addition to her prize.
- Prizes will be awarded as gift certificates to the host club or, in the case that the host club has insufficient inventory, another local golf retailer at the discretion of the Treasurer and/or tournament director. All flights will receive prizes of equal value.
Registration Deadline – 10 pm 7/7/2023
$79.00 Per Person (including cart)
$60.00 Per Person Walking
Board Member Responsible for this Event:
Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have.