Match Play Tournament
September 14 @ 8:00 am – September 17 @ 5:00 pm
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY FEES
- Open to KWGA members and amateur female golfers from the Greater Kalamazoo Area with any established USGA handicap.
- The Executive Committee will determine the entry fees to be collected by the Treasurer and no refunds will be issued.
- No discounts will be granted to players belonging to the host club.
- Play is governed by USGA rules for match play.
- Tee locations will be determined by the Tournament Director in consultation with the club pro.
- The tournament will be contested over 4 days as follows: Day 1: Qualifying round
- Day 2 1st round matches Day 3: 2nd round and consolation matches between those losing their first match.
- Day 4: Final matches.
- Championship flight
- Those players wishing to compete in championship flight will be required to play an 18-hole stroke play, gross score qualify round. Any other player may also attempt to qualify for the championship flight by playing the qualifying round.
- The lowest-scoring players will comprise the championship flight and be positioned according to qualifying score. Ties for the eighth position will be broken by sudden death playoff.
- The lowest scoring player will be named the tournament medalist. Ties for medalist will be broken by sudden death playoff.
- The defending champion is exempt from qualifying and she will be the top-seeded player. If she chooses to qualify, she will be seeded according to her score. Her intention must be declared to the Tournament Director prior to play.
- No handicap strokes will be allowed during match play.
- All other flights
- All players not in the championship flight will be positioned in flights of no more than eight players according to handicap index.
- Matches will be handicapped at 90% of each player’s course handicap. The difference between the two competitors handicaps will be used to grant strokes on the appropriate holes.
- Entry fees will determine the total purse.
- The value and number of prizes to be awarded will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- Prizes for medalist, flight winners, and runners up will be awarded as gift certificates to the host club or, in the case that the host club has insufficient inventory, another local golf retailer at the discretion of the Treasurer and/or tournament director.
- The champion and flight winners will receive prizes of equal value. The medalist and flight runners up will receive prizes of equal value. Consolation bracket winners will receive prizes of equal value.
- The medalist shall, in addition to her prize, receive the traveling trophy (donated by the KWGA), not to be retired.
- The winner of the championship flight shall be named the tournament champion and receive, in addition to her prize, the traveling trophy (donated by Stella Manski), not to be retired. She shall receive a permanent trophy not to exceed 10% of the total purse in value.
Registration deadline – 10 pm 9/6/2023
$156.00 – Championship Flight (Playing 4 days)
$121.00 – Other Flights (Playing 3 days)
Board Member Responsible for this Event:
Feel free to contact me for any questions you may have.